Technical Project Manager
Location: Remote in Canada
Salary: 100k to 120k + Bonus
Other Perks: Benefits + Health spending account + Skill Upgrade Budget
TalentHunt Inc is a North America premier talent management and recruitment solutions provider with delivery centers from coast to coast to coast. We help candidates figure out the next challenge that fits their professional and personal growth plans and match them with exciting and very rewarding opportunities with leading companies across the globe.
Our client is a well funded, well established and rapidly growing company in the IoT space based out of Toronto. They are a one-stop IoT shop helping clients develop connected products at any stage, from strategy, to concepting, to design, to manufacturing to shipping at scale. They work exclusively with world leading companies and some of their top clients are Tesla, P&G, Siemens, Bosch and many more global leaders.
They are looking for a Technical Project Manager to join them on their growth journey and own the Project Management Department This is their first hire for this position and the hope is for this individual to come in and set up processes and checks & balances to ensure projects are completed on time, budget and meet all the other parameters. A perfect role for someone who has a mix of leadership aptitude along with a scrappy mindset to get thighs done.
Why do you want to join?
- Be a part of the IoT space and work with cutting edge new technologies
- Progress to a leadership position within the company, especially the Project Management department
- Projected 3x revenue growth in the next 3-5 years
- Successful Series A and B rounds with the benefit of being self-sustaining at every stage
What will you do?
- Manage project activities to meet business goals.
- Manage effective project implementation and delivery to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Track project execution to ensure that customer requirements and delivery schedules are met.
- Identify and manage resource requirements, required skill sets, training plans, quality reviews, documentations and weekly meetings required for project execution.
- Coordinate with customers to develop project plans, including project scope, release schedule, milestones and deliverables.
- Develop project management process improvements to meet customer needs and expectations.
- Improve customer relationships by providing timely and accurate responses to their inquiries.
- Validate project plans and schedules to incorporate any changes requested by customers.
- Coordinate calls, meetings, and communications between customers and project teams throughout the project implementation phase.
- Inform project status, schedule and key issues to customers and management on a regular basis.
- Negotiate on project activities with customers when required.
- Maintain and update a database of project related documents.
- Inform leadership team on customer needs, expectations and business opportunities.
Who are you?
- 5+ years in a similar role with a strong focus on hardware, electronics or electrical products
- Proven background and experience in technical project management.
- Proven experience in completing projects under agreed KPIs.
- Able to disclose a portfolio of work at a later stage and walk through your involvement in the process.
- Experience in risk management and / or change management.
- Experience in customer interactions and customer account management.
- Comfortable with project management software tools (Jira, Atalassian,MS Project etc.).
- Experience in product management and ownership is a strong asset.
- Certifications such as PMP, PMI, Prince 2 etc. are a strong asset.
- Education in engineering, computer science or something similar.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.