Lumber Yard Manager
Salary: Competitive pay
Other Perks: Full benefits + 3 weeks vacation + RRSP etc.
TalentHunt Inc is a North America premier talent management and recruitment solutions provider with delivery centers from coast to coast to coast. We help candidates figure out the next challenge that fits their professional and personal growth plans and match them with exciting and very rewarding opportunities with leading companies across the globe.
Our industry leading client is one of the biggest manufacturers and retailers of home improvement products, construction material and furniture with more than 1000 locations across Canada. They are very involved in community building initiatives and have also been recognized as the one of the top employers in Canada for many years now.
Why do you want to join?
- A company that truly cares about their employees and with an average employee tenure of 20+ years
- Opportunity to grow in any one of their multiple departments and progress at your own space
- Be a part of a socially responsible behemoth that makes a positive impact every day to their customers, employees and the communities they exist in
- A true Canadian success story with a track record of consistently beating revenue and profit estimates
What will you do?
- Supervise lumber yard and warehouse associates, keeping productivity at peak levels
- Ensure that appropriate levels of staffing are in place within the yard and warehouse
- Train new employees, Initiate and participate in the hiring of new personnel
- Create and distribute lumber yard and warehouse associates work schedules
- Conduct performance evaluations of lumber yard and warehouse associates and provide management with information on evaluations
- Maintain a positive work environment for all lumber yard and warehouse associates
- Establish / maintain / implement policies which minimize waste and employ labour hours productively
- Ensure that housekeeping activities are performed as specified
- Supervise the maintenance and safe operation of yard equipment, including forklifts, carts, pallet jack, radial arm saw, etc
- Ensure that all required personal protective equipment is worn
- Ensure that all incidents, accidents, and hazards are reported, investigated and corrective action initiated if required
- Implement and ensure that all received products have been received per established procedures and any discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner
- Implement and ensure that all shipped products are prepared and shipped according to established procedures and that any discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner
- Ensure that orders are scheduled, staged and delivered, in order to provide excellent service to our customers in the most cost-effective way
- Ensure customers are greeted promptly as they enter the lumber yard and resolve customer complaints
- Review invoice and assist customers in locating and loading their merchandise.
- Deliver purchases and/or pick up returned goods
Who are you?
- 5 years of supervisory/management experience in a lumber yard or related environment.
- Valid Ontario ‘G’ driver’s license required. Must maintain a good driving record and lawfully
- Operate all company vehicles
- Forklift certification is an asset
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong team player with ability to self-manage and prioritize
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well, manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent decision-making ability and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Willingness to continually develop professional skills and knowledge base
Email your resume to email@example.com to apply.