Director of Operations
Title: Director of Operations
Location: Canada (Hybrid remote)
TalentHunt Inc is a North America premier talent management and recruitment solutions provider with delivery centers from coast to coast to coast. We help candidates figure out the next challenge that fits their professional and personal growth plans and match them with exciting and very rewarding opportunities with leading companies across the globe.
Our client is a world leading designer, manufacturer, distributor and retailer of household appliances. Established almost 100 years ago and with operations in more than 50 countries, it is fair to say they know a thing or two about building a strong business and achieving YoY growth. With a team of 5000+ talented employees they are committed to using the best technology to design user friendly appliances and be an environmentally responsible entity.
Why do you want to join?
- Impact: Join a growing Canadian team and be their first leadership hire to grow the operations function focused exclusively on Canada
- Clear path to leadership roles as the Canadian market share grows
- Get the stability of working for a 1.5 billion global conglomerate that invests in employee growth
- Lots of Canadian expansion in the works for 2022, you can be at forefront of all the growth.
What will you do?
- Responsible for the planning and execution of supply chain’s end-to-end strategy in market, ensuring alignment with global supply chain strategy
- Ensures the strategic plan is translated to their team for the identification of executable actions that deliver to the strategy, resulting in increased market share and profitable growth
- Ensure disciplined and effective execution of those plans, including identified priority changes and transformation activity
- Promote personal responsibility for tracking and reporting on the progress of the strategic plan’s implementation, through the use of People + Goal processes and tools, to drive delivery to plan
- Provide quality, hands on leadership, creating a thoughtful vision of what success looks like to engage the people in the supply chain operation to deliver the right work that will strengthen supply chain’s performance
- Deeply understand the supply chain end-to-end operation including demand planning, inventory management, warehouse, delivery/installation and reverse logistics and their environmental influences
- Keep current on changes and supply chain’s end-to-end best practice that influence supply chain’s operational strategic plans
- Oversee local procurement & sourcing and IT strategy in partnership with global team
- Establish and cultivate trusting partnerships with external providers to align and deliver an company branded customer experience service
- Drive future real estate strategy
- Drive Operational Excellence through a weekly cadence of operational and People + Goal forums, process and tools, adhering to the key principles of: clear accountability, forward focus, local leadership, global participation and efficiency
- Effective, visible leadership that influences a culture of energy and enthusiasm
- Role models company’s behaviours and demonstrates direct knowledge of functions within the Channel and their important role they plan connecting to supply chain operation’s strategy
- Oversee and ensure effective financial management of the supply chain (planning, forecasting, budgeting, reporting and audit) with a significant focus on driving revenue and margin growth and increased profitability
- Partner with the Financial Controller in preparation and submission of annual operational budgets, managing effectively within this budget, and reporting accurately on progress made and challenges encountered
- Take responsibility for establishing and aligning a culture which demonstrates the company’s brand values and step up behaviors.
- Lead recruitment, and development of leadership roles, ensuring the acquisition of talent has the critical capabilities needed to deliver to company’s growth plans
- Has an understanding of health and safety management responsibilities relative to their position – role modelling leadership of H&S
- Complies with all legal requirements and company’s safety system standards
Who are you?
- MUST HAVE: 5+ years in a similar leadership role, relevant industry experience an asset
- Total 10+ years of experience in operations in a relevant industry
- Global multi-national leadership including strategy creation and execution of supply chain end-to-end operations
- Proven leadership, with a track record, of successfully transforming and growing a supply chain operation (demand planning, inventory, warehouse and delivery plus installation) that increased market share and profitability growth.
- Business leadership across functional areas of a global consumer organization including budget and fiscal management experience
- Proven experience as a senior operational leader – encompassing supply chain, sales, warehousing, and customer service business
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.