Business Development Manager – MENA region
Role: Business Development Manager – Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region
Job Location: Remote in Canada – requires upto 50% international travel
Type: 2 years full time contract
Salary: $75,000 annually / $36.06 per hour
Benefits: 3 weeks vacation + Health Spending Account
Language Requirement: Must be fluent in English and Arabic (both written and verbal)
TalentHunt is a growing company, committed to diversity and inclusion. We do our work with integrity, accountability, transparency and a commitment to the highest ethical standards. We seek employees from diverse backgrounds and life experiences to join our teams located in Canada and across the globe. People who identify as BIPOC, people with disabilities, people from the LGBTQ+ community and people with lived experiences of forced displacement or immigration are all encouraged to apply. We are committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects our vision, mission and values.
We are North America’s premier talent management and recruitment solutions provider with delivery centers from coast to coast to coast. Our business is backed by years of talent acquisition success, HR technology and mentoring program administration. Our main and only focus is People – We leverage best in class technology to ensure a fantastic experience and growth plan for our employees, candidates and clients.
We help clients through:
- IT Staff Augmentation Services
- Contingency Recruitment
- Recruitment Process Solutions
- Retention Solutions
Purpose of the Job?
The Middle East and North Africa (MENA) is a diverse region, affected by economic, social, and political transformations, but with a potential for more and better growth. It benefits from a privileged geographic location with access to large markets; a young and increasingly educated population; and comparative advantages in several sectors such as technology, manufacturing, renewable energies, and tourism.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, MENA economies are implementing reforms to build a resilient and more inclusive economic model to improve growth, governance structures, diversification, employment, private sector development, and integrity.
TalentHunt, with a vision of expansion in the MENA region aiming to connect employers in Canada with qualified candidates. This position will support furnishing a concrete presence in one of the MENA countries (Egypt – as the largest and most strategic county in the region) with a plan to move smoothly within countries of the region progressively.
What will you do?
- Develop policies and administer programs to promote industrial, technology and commercial business investment in urban and rural areas in MENA.
- Carries out extensive field tours across MENA to identify candidates for suitable employers in Canada.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of business plans for the penetration of new markets.
- Conduct market assessment to identify trends of development changes to make necessary employment responses.
- Design market research questionnaires for digital engagement in recruitment. As well as analyzing market qualitative and quantitative data to propose solutions for clients.
- Negotiate partnerships with reputable academic universities and learning institutions to qualify and retain the required skills of potential candidates.
- Conduct socio-economic baselines and surveys on local or regional levels to evaluate the development of potential and future movement of employment.
- Network with main stakeholders in various commercial and technology enterprises, community and business associations, and government agencies.
- Create and implement effective development programs and employment strategies that lead MENA candidates toward the achievement of clients’ objectives.
- Assess business opportunities and develop strategies to attract venture capital.
- Respond to inquiries from members of the businesses and professional community concerning development opportunities in MENA with a strong presence in Egypt.
- Review and evaluate human development proposals and provide advice on procedures and requirements for government approval.
- Conduct field studies and analyze data on the supply and demand trends and preferences of wholesale or retail consumers in MENA with a base in Egypt.
- Conduct comparative research on socio-economic strategies for technology, industrial, and commercial products with a gender lens.
- Develop social and economic inclusive profiles of urban and rural areas in MENA to encourage investment and development growth.
- Prepare analytical reports, research papers, educational articles, and multicultural materials.
- Attend and facilitate strategic government and stakeholders’ meetings, seminars, and conferences as appropriate.
- Set and nurture relationships with Key Decision Makers to create market awareness about Canadian employers through demonstrations and representations
- Design development expansion strategy to penetrate primarily Egypt then progress to MENA successfully.
- Provide hands-on consultations and advice on diversity, inclusion, a healthy work environment, and organizational development in businesses.
Who are you?
- A post bachelor’s degree in social science, economic sciences, business administration, or relevant related field is required.
- Fluency in both English and Arabic written and verbal is highly essential.
- Proven record of conducting research and publications in both Arabic and English.
- Strong communication, facilitation skills, and IT fluency in both Arabic and English are required.
- Capability to manage multi-task projects in multi-cultural and diverse locations.
- Excellent organizational and business development skills.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Flexibility to travel a minimum of 50% of the time to different locations in MENA as inquired.
- Proficient in relevant software e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS).
- Produce regular informative materials in written and verbal Arabic and English.
- 8 – 10 years of experience in the directly related research field, data collection, and analysis.
- 8 -10 years of managerial positions. Preferable in relevant management experience in development research, organizational business development, with demonstrated anti-conflict understanding of diverse organizations and multicultural environments.
- 8 – 10 years of experience in designing and delivering innovative hybrid learning products is desired.
- Negotiation skills
- Leadership and project management skills
- Ability to attain targets
- Communication and facilitation skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Risk management skills
- Demonstrate business acumen
We are committed to a fair and respectful hiring process, and we do our absolute best to respond to every applicant. We prioritize communication and transparency with all candidates, to the best of our abilities. Here’s a snapshot of our hiring process:
- Step 1: Submit your application!
- Step 2: Phone screen with a TalentHunt recruiter.
- Step 3: Video interview with the hiring manager.
- Step 4: Offer and background check
- Step 5: Start your professional journey with TalentHunt!
Note: Some of our hiring processes may vary, and not all candidates will advance to each step.
To submit your application: Please send your resume to “email@example.com” and put “Business Development Manager- MENA region” in the subject line.
Talent Hunt is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnic background, ancestry, citizenship status, religious creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, pregnancy, childbirth, military status, protected veteran status, political orientation or other legally protected status.
Company Name: TalentHunt Inc.
Company Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Company Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Phone Number: 1-888-556-4048