Talent Acquisition Specialist
Title: Talent Acquisition Specialist
Location: Markham, ON
Other Perks: Competitive Total Compensation Package + Group Benefits Program + Awards for top performers and employee tenure
Work Remotely: Temporarily due to COVID-19
TalentHunt Inc is a North America premier talent management and recruitment solutions provider with delivery centers from coast to coast to coast. We help candidates figure out the next challenge that fits their professional and personal growth plans and match them with exciting and very rewarding opportunities with leading companies across the globe.
Our industry is Canada’s premier distributor of electronic vaporizers and manufacturer of award-winning vaping products. Our goal is to empower people across the country to quit smoking and switch to a safer alternative to combustible cigarettes. We are a successful start-up, located in Markham, and we are looking for an outgoing Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our HR team at our head office in Markham. Participate in an exciting career in a booming industry!
Why do you want to join?
- As a Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will lead the way in recruiting the best and brightest talent for the organization and support our goal to grow.
- As part of an innovative and growing company, the Talent Acquisition Specialist will be a dynamic, energetic and strong team player supporting the recruitment opportunities within the organization.
- Reporting to the HR Manager, this role is responsible for the recruitment of various roles as well as developing a pipeline for various business units.
- The Talent Acquisition Specialist will have the opportunity to grow their career within a progressive and fast-paced entrepreneurial lead company.
What will you do?
- Identify requirements, target budget, and service timelines and act as Talent Advisor to business leaders, thorough job intake meetings with the hiring business leader.
- Build a strategic and targeted sourcing plan for each new search, using innovative techniques to identify top candidates for roles.
- Critically and accurately assess candidate capabilities employing best practices in interviewing to discern and identify the highest quality and most qualified candidates from the sourced pool.
- Act as an ambassador for the organization
- Partner with hiring business leaders to make final hiring decisions and negotiate offers with candidates.
- Responsible for tracking recruitment activity and ensuring ATS is utilized for all searches – following organizations recruitment process
- Develop and execute innovative and effective talent attraction channels including; direct sourcing, social media channels, targeted advertising, niche job boards, internet, and networking, to attract top talent, both passive and active candidates.
- Develop and coach managers on the talent acquisition process, interview techniques, and selection criteria to ensure that quality of hire is maximized.
- Attend and promote Company at a variety of career fairs and networking events
- Administrative functions – Job postings, scheduling, and coordinating interviews
Who are you?
- 3 plus years of full-cycle recruitment experience (ideally within a manufacturing or recruiting agency environment).
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to gain the trust and credibility of hiring managers.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment while being able to be organized and being able to keep a float of all information.
- Passionate about recruiting and enjoys building relationships with candidates and hiring managers.
- Experience working with ATS, Microsoft Office (Particularly Excel), and PowerPoint.
- Team-oriented and enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Educational background in Human Resources (Preferred).
- Excellent communication skills: strong verbal and written fluency in English required.
- A highly entrepreneurial individual who enjoys thinking outside the box and likes to identify solutions when there are gaps identified.
- Comfortable working with highly sensitive information and being able to keep the information confidential