Reporting to the General Manager, the Service Manager will primarily focus daily activities on growing service and aftermarket business, dispatching and coordinating service technicians to perform service calls, ensuring professional, pleasant customer service, customer satisfaction and overall team utilization and performance.
- Maintains an organized, efficient and profitable service and parts department.
- Improve customer service quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes.
- Efficiently and effectively dispatches technicians and subcontractors promptly, each day
- Cultivates and maintains a positive, engaged field service team
- Prioritizes service requests based on urgency of call
- Schedules jobs in advance (planned maintenance, quoted work, installations); proactively communicating with technicians / subcontractors.
- Communicates technicians’ job specific requirements, policies, customer expectations and site alterations
- Achieves department goals and operating objectives for customer service, technician utilization, work volume and profitability targets
- Tracks number of service quotes issued using CRM data
- With guidance from the General Manager, prepares and presents annual performance reviews to service technicians
- Works closely with both inside sales and field sales to convert quotations into orders
- Action oriented problem solver
- High degree of initiative and independent judgement
- 3+ years of service management experience preferably in a mechanical/technical environment
- Must be PC literate with above average knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of trades (ex: construction, electrical) would be an asset.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Excellent organization and team leading skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in the English language