Senior Director, Global Tax
Location: Remote in the US
TalentHunt is a North American premier talent management and recruitment solutions provider with delivery centers from coast to coast. We help candidates figure out the next challenge that fits their professional and personal growth plans and match them with exciting and very rewarding opportunities with leading companies across the globe.
Ivanti’s platform makes it possible for employees to stay productive, secure, and engaged wherever they are. That starts with them. With headquarters in Utah, offices in London and Paris, and nearly 3,200 employees in 25 countries around the world, they are the Everywhere Workplace – it’s a great time to work for Ivanti!
They anticipate their customers’ needs, they are highly responsive, and they deliver innovative solutions that exceed their expectations. Their mission is to be a global technology leader enabling organizations to thrive in the Everywhere Workplace – automating the tasks that discover, manage, secure, and service all of their IT assets.
Teamwork is intrinsic to what they do and why they do it. They are accountable to each other – and support one another. They provide opportunities to grow, learn, add value, and thrive – while also achieving new levels of performance. They treat all with appreciation, dignity, and respect. It is through diverse and inclusive hiring, decision-making, and commitment to their employees and partners that they will continue to build and deliver world-class solutions for their customers.
Why They Need You
They are seeking an experienced, highly-motivated Senior Director of Global Tax responsible for International tax matters. The Senior Director must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment and to work closely and proactively with numerous functional teams across our organization. This position will report to the Ivanti SVP of Global Accounting and will manage a global team of four.
What You Will Be Doing
- Keep current on global tax developments that may affect our business, including monitoring, researching and analyzing the effects of US and international legislation
- Globally lead technical tax research and tax planning efforts to optimize the company’s worldwide tax position, support and defend tax set and improve tax efficiency
- Provide assistance to implementation of global tax planning strategy including technical analysis, ownership of implementation work plan, and appropriate documentation for use in accounting, compliance and tax audit cycles
- Provide guidance on the tax language in customer contracts clarifying the company’s tax responsibilities and provide input on the application of withholding taxes for customers in certain foreign jurisdictions
- Assist in developing and implementing integration strategies for M&A activities
- Maintain global transfer pricing policies, include preparing and reviewing transfer pricing calculations, agreements and documentation
- Manage the international tax portion of US tax returns, include preparing and reviewing US international tax calculations such as GILTI, FDII, BEAT, subpart F, FTC and disclosures
- Work with Treasury to reconcile inter-company accounts and forecast inter-company cash movements
- Provide strategic support on the international tax aspects of tax examinations and inquiries by the IRS and foreign tax authorities
- Prepare quarterly and year-end tax provision calculations relating to international operations for US consolidated and local statutory financials
- Work with Regional Tax and Finance teams as needed on various projects
- Help address tax related issues in determining new product/service contracting structures and commercial flow
- Support special and/or ad hoc projects that arise
To Be Successful in The Role, You Will Have
- 12+ years of relevant tax experience, including in public accounting and at a multinational publicly listed company
- Expert knowledge of US GAAP tax accounting and financial statement disclosures relating to taxes
- Significant experience with managing US tax compliance obligations, including analyzing and documenting tax positions. Exposure to international tax issues
- Knowledge of transfer pricing issues common to U.S. multi-national technology companies
- A proven ability to research and communicate complex technical tax issues clearly to non-tax team members and work effectively across functional teams and senior leadership
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively collaborate with all levels of management and cross functional teams
- Independent and self-driven with the ability to find solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Growth mindset and willingness to embrace change
- Result oriented
- Certified Public Accountant; active or inactive status acceptable