Senior Cloud Architect
Location: Remote in Canada
Salary: 190k to 220k base + 25% bonus (performance based)
TalentHunt Inc is a North America premier talent management and recruitment solutions provider with delivery centers from coast to coast. We help candidates figure out the next challenge that fits their professional and personal growth plans and match them with exciting and very rewarding opportunities with leading companies across the globe.
Our client is an industry leading global software development firm that is expanding its presence in Canada. They work majorly with clients in the transportation space to identify problems through a truly consultative approach and then provide tailor made software solutions. In the last 5 years, they have grown to more than 10,000 clients in Canada and are now are marching towards the next step of their growth journey
Why do you want to join?
- The opportunity to make a big impact and grow your career
- Build tech solutions that matter and solve one of the biggest challenges faced by Canadian companies
- Stay updated on the latest developments and leverage the free training sessions to consistently improve your skills
What will you do?
- Opportunity to establish a world class Infrastructure and team through Agile ceremonies.
- Work closely with and follow the strategic direction set by senior management
- Help establish the strategic roadmap, then build, execute and deliver
- Drive continuous improvement within the team, as well as help promote the same across all engineering teams (eg. general software engineering best practices)
- Collaborate with Development & Product Management to help develop, scale and improve production services
- Collaborate with release manager to ensure efficient delivery of software releases
- Take part in the design of new solutions
- Improve CI/CD and SDLC processes through automation
- Ensure systems availability, stability and performance by using monitoring tools
- Provide troubleshooting support and prompt response to issues in all environments, particularly production environments
Who are you?
- Expert knowledge in Azure Cloud (certificate is preferred)
- Expert knowledge of common Azure concepts/services (VM, Lambda, Cosmos DB, Blob storage, CDNt, Redshift, LB, Container Apps, AKS, Azure DNS, Traffic Manager, MySql, etc.)
- 5+ years Experience auto scaling applications in production (both in containers & on VM)
- 5+ years experience managing infrastructure through IaC (HashiCorp Terraform, ARM Templates, etc.)
- CI/CD practices and principles (branching strategies, gitops, zero downtime deployments, etc)
- Knowledge of at least one configuration management tool
- Understanding of managing both Windows & Linux Infrastructure
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to automate tasks through scripting/coding, etc.
- Building CI/CD pipelines & frameworks in Azure DevOps
- 5 years of DevOps experience
- Experience building and managing DevOps teams
- Experience managing common infrastructure services
- Understanding of MS SQL Server
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with DataOps and/or software development is an asset
If you are interested, reach out to Anita Levitas.