Sales Representative – Coil Coatings
Location: Michigan, Texas or the broader Midwest region
Must Have: Coil coatings experience
Salary: Based on fit and includes: Base plus bonus, benefits, auto allowance, auto insurance, potential profit sharing and more
TalentHunt Inc. is a North America premier talent management and recruitment solutions provider with delivery centers from coast to coast. We help candidates figure out the next challenge that fits their professional and personal growth plans and match them with exciting and very rewarding opportunities with leading companies across the globe.
Our client is one of the leading paint manufacturers that boasts of a very happy list of clients. They specialize in offering bespoke solutions, and do the kind of work that many of the other paint manufacturers shy away from. This ability, along with a very high service standard has made them one of the most valuable brands in the industry.
Why do you want to join?
- Opportunity to expand existing accounts to meet your sales quota
- Progress to running your own business unit and getting support from tenure professionals
- Join a stable company that prides itself on having very long tenured employees and one of the best retention rates in the industry
What will you do?
- Directly cover accounts in the primary territories of Michigan, the Midwest, and Texas.
- Manage a process to achieve annual territory sales revenue, profit, and expense goals for the coil coating business.
- Ensure comprehensive territory coverage to effectively increase market share and maintain a close connection between key accounts and the company.
- Collect data within the coating process to assist customers in developing SOPs, continuous improvement, cost reduction projects, and root cause analysis.
- Demonstrate a strong practical knowledge of coil coating chemistries, pretreatment, surface cleaning/preparation, application equipment, application and curing processes, industry test methods, environmental considerations, and auxiliary manufacturing processes related to coil production.
- Deliver value to customers through superior technical service, including troubleshooting, on-site and video product knowledge training, SOP development, formulation of Application Guidelines and Recommendations, enhancing efficiencies/cycle times, reducing reject rates, and optimizing coating appearance on the customer’s production line.
- Personally oversee the sales process, creating annual Account Plans for key customers including SWOT Analysis, annual budgets/forecasts, proposals, service requirements, pricing strategies, and call planning.
- Champion the needs of coil customers through regular communication and technical development requests (“projects”) regarding product development, testing, or improvement of current coil coating product lines.
- Collaborate with customers and end-users to secure specifications for the company’s products.
- Work directly with the Industrial Technical Group to optimize current technologies and contribute to the development and commercialization of new product technologies.
- Travel to other locations throughout the United States as required for technical service, product launches, training, troubleshooting, presentations, and customer start-ups (approximately 40% travel time).
- Prepare, write, and present reports relevant to the role.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the Sales Manager for Coil Coatings as needed.
Who are you?
- MUST HAVE: Minimum of 2 years industrial coatings experience (sales, application or formulating).
- Willing and able to travel to client sites as needed, upto 40% of the time or more.
- Demonstrated knowledge of coil coating technologies and their end-uses.
- Good communication skills along with the ability to present information to stakeholders in a timely and professional manner.
- College degree or diploma is an asset.