Retail Sales and Operations Manager
Title: Retail Sales and Operations Manager
Location: Kelowna, BC
TalentHunt Inc is a North America premier talent management and recruitment solutions provider with delivery centers from coast to coast to coast. We help candidates figure out the next challenge that fits their professional and personal growth plans and match them with exciting and very rewarding opportunities with leading companies across the globe.
Our industry leading client is one of the biggest manufacturers and retailers of home improvement products, construction material and furniture with more than 1000 locations across Canada. They are very involved in community building initiatives and have also been recognized as the one of the top employers in Canada for many years now.
Why do you want to join?
- A key business partner between our client and Store Owners
- You will be responsible for maximizing regional retail sales, profits and market share through products, promotions and sharing best selling practices retail to drive adoption of key corporate programs.
What will you do?
- Maintain and strengthen the store owner relationship with our customer by leveraging a portfolio of knowledge, skills, expertise and business insight in retail.
- Work with store owners to implement category management and align store owners to achieve business goals including store branding, in-store merchandising standards and best customer-centric practices.
- Implement a retail action playbook using key reports such as financial data, point-of-sale data, and program participation reports by pre-planning informative and impactful store visits with store owners highlighting strengths and opportunities for retail excellence.
- Regularly monitor sales to meet and exceed business goals, targets and goals required for the area.
- Facilitate structured store owner peer and performance team meetings designed to foster teamwork, build trust, collaboration and to share key insights and best practices.
- Onboard new shareholders and develop existing store owners in your specific area in collaboration with the Retail Sales and Operations Facilitator.
- Grow and maintain market share by driving store owner expansions, relocations, banner conversions and proactively managing succession planning. Collaborate with the Store Owner Development Team to open new Greenfield locations in markets with opportunity
Who are you?
- College diploma in sales or marketing preferred
- A minimum of five years experience in business, retail and / or wholesale in the hardware industry is a definite asset.
- Strong understanding of retail hardware, PRO customers and the lumber and building materials industry, experience in retail at a supervisory or management level.
- Ability to analyze financial data and reports to identify growth / improvement opportunities within a business unit. Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to create strong partnerships. Ability to lead ongoing productive meetings with dealers, inspiring innovation, collaboration and sharing of best practices.
- Must be self-motivated, results-oriented and organized, with excellent time management skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Teams, PowerPoint and Discoverer.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel extensively and work varying hours to fulfil the requirements of the position.
- Successful applicants must be willing to locate preferably within the area near Kelowna.
Email your resume to email@example.com to apply.