Location: Saint-François-de-la-Rivière-du-Sud, Quebec
TalentHunt Inc is a leading provider of talent management and recruiting solutions in North America, with delivery centers from coast to coast. We help candidates find the next challenge that matches their professional and personal growth plans, and match them with exciting and highly rewarding opportunities with leading companies around the world.
Our client has been producing quality tools since 1895. It is now Canada’s largest manufacturer and distributor of landscaping, gardening, construction, impact and snow removal tools and accessories.
Why join them?
- Join a stable, fast-growing company
- The company’s values are respect, commitment, quality and innovation
- A rewarding work environment
- A company with a positive impact on the environment
What will you do?
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Production Engineer is responsible for the smooth running of plant operations from a technical point of view, as well as for improving productivity through process optimization.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement projects to optimize production and reduce costs
- Act as a resource person in the event of technical problems related to manufacturing operations
- Develop and optimize production equipment using state-of-the-art technologies to improve efficiency
- Modify equipment to comply with machine safety standards
- Participate in the analysis and deployment of plant layout projects
- Determine optimal methods, while reducing non-value-added activities
- Carry out internal audits to ensure the application and monitoring of quality standards for finished products, processes and work procedures
- Provide technical assistance to the procurement and quality departments in the selection and introduction of purchased components
- Develop technical documentation for existing products, processes and equipment
- Participate in the introduction of new products to define manufacturing methods, implement new equipment and tooling, and launch final production
Who are you?
- BAC or college diploma in mechanical engineering
- Solid experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP-type manufacturing management software (An asset)
- Knowledge of CAD SolidWorks or other 3D software
- Knowledge of the following processes (an asset):
- Metal shaping
- Powder coating
- Wood process
- Assembly process
- Automation and robotics
- Intermediate/Advanced English
- Ability to work in a team
- Organizational skills
- Efficient project planning, management and organization
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
If you’re interested, reach out to Corina Alias.