TalentHunt Inc. is a North America premier talent management and recruitment solutions provider with delivery centers from coast to coast. We help candidates figure out the next challenge that fits their professional and personal growth plans and match them with exciting and very rewarding opportunities with leading companies across the globe.
Our client is a leading and well established player in the ever growing Building Materials industry. They specialise in providing flooring, basement, concrete and subpanel solutions to clients all across Canada and USA. With decades of success under their belt, they are a great company to join where innovation and personal growth are valued.
Why do you want to join?
- Opportunity to progress with the team with potential leadership opportunities
- Join a stable company that prides itself on having a very employee retention rate
- They invest time and effort in not only your skills training but overall career development
What will you do?
- Develop new products from the ideation stage through to being ready to commercialize
- Execute market research to identify trends and develop product ideas
- Develop and maintain a defined 5-year product pipeline plan
- Create spec sheets to communicate product requirements
- Select and source materials from outside vendors and suppliers to meet product requirements
- Monitor production schedules to ensure deadlines are met
- Assist with quality control testing
- Execute product testing for various attributes to support product claims
- Suggest changes to current products to continue to meet consumer needs and differentiate our products from competitive products
Who are you?
- Bachelor’s degree in product design, engineering, or a related field
- Proven experience in leading or managing the development of products
- A degree or experience in sales, marketing or a related field is an asset
- A creative mindset that is excited to dive into data and identify trends and insights
- Experience in project management
- Proficiency with computer-based engineering methods and computer tools (e.g., Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, etc.)
- AutoCAD certification is an asset
- Industry experience strongly preferred
- Ability to work well with others – teamwork, cooperation, respect, integrity and excellent communication
- Ability to logically document and solve problems and to keep projects moving
- Must be a self-motivated and organized
- Must have knowledge of manufacturing processes and quality improvement methods.
- Research and forecasting skills
- Experience with product lifecycle management a plus