TalentHunt Inc. is a North American premier talent management and recruitment solutions provider with delivery centers from coast to coast. We help candidates figure out the next challenge that fits their professional and personal growth plans and match them with exciting and very rewarding opportunities with leading companies across the globe.
Our client is a leading engineering firm that provides electrical design, mechanical design and construction services to some of the biggest Canadian companies in the telecommunication, broadcasting and technology sectors. They are in strong expansion mode all across Canada and are looking for top talent to join their growing team in Ontario.
What will you do?
- Supervise, develop and draw up, in collaboration with the engineers, the engineering documents, plans, specifications, addendums required for the realization of building projects, ventilation systems, automatic control systems, air conditioning, heating and cooling systems, plumbing systems and fire protection systems, in accordance with the standards
- Validate the conformity of mechanical drawings according to established standards
- Review and annotate shop drawings under the supervision of an engineer
- Perform interdisciplinary coordination at the drawing level
- Estimate construction costs and quantities in accordance with standard methods and established plans and specifications
- Develop tables, lists, calculations and estimates
- Perform various simulations using specialized software
- Carry out studies and write technical reports in collaboration with an engineer
- Conduct surveys, inspections, reports and site supervision including coordination with contractors
- Solve technical problems
- Participate in the quality assurance of engineering documents in his/her discipline
- Propose and lead continuous improvement in the preparation of drawings (standards, work methods, tools)
Who are you?
- College diploma in building electricity or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in the consulting engineering field
- Technical knowledge: ventilation systems, automatic regulation, air conditioning, heating
- and cooling, plumbing and fire protection
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards, including the National Plumbing Code,
- ASHRAE standards and the National Building Code
- Knowledge of electrical systems related to mechanical systems (an asset)
- Expert of AutoCAD software
- Good knowledge of the Office suite
- Knowledge of REVIT MEP, ETAP and AGI32 (an asset)
- Possess a valid driver’s license.