Salary: Competitive pay
Other Perks: Full benefits + 3 weeks vacation + RRSP etc.
TalentHunt Inc is a North America premier talent management and recruitment solutions provider with delivery centers from coast to coast to coast. We help candidates figure out the next challenge that fits their professional and personal growth plans and match them with exciting and very rewarding opportunities with leading companies across the globe.
Our industry leading client is one of the biggest manufacturers and retailers of home improvement products, construction material and furniture with more than 1000 locations across Canada. They are very involved in community building initiatives and have also been recognized as the one of the top employers in Canada for many years now.
Why do you want to join?
- A company that truly cares about their employees and with an average employee tenure of 20+ years
- Opportunity to grow in any one of their multiple departments and progress at your own space
- Be a part of a socially responsible behemoth that makes a positive impact every day to their customers, employees and the communities they exist in
- A true Canadian success story with a track record of consistently beating revenue and profit estimates
What will you do?
- Develop structurally detailed diagrams using CADD software.
- Complete residential preliminary drawings and residential working drawings with sketches and design details submitted by an in-store sales consultant on behalf of the consumer.
- Provide technical and design consultation to stores, including Engineered Wood Products and Engineered Floor systems, structural design components.
- Occasionally assist with various departmental tasks and projects.
- In this role you will be working on behalf our customers to design their dream home or cottage
- This role involves assembling drawings and designs to meet customer specifications ensuring that the finished design meets the requirements of national and provincial building codes.
Who are you?
- College / University diploma or degree in Construction Engineering or Architectural Technology
- Qualified through MMAH in Legal, and House or Small Buildings
- Minimum 3 – 5 years experience in Architectural design / building materials field.
- Understanding of residential framing and structural components.
- Working knowledge of Ontario Building Code and National Building Code residential building structure, & energy standards. Working knowledge of sizing and designing structural components through tables provided by the NBC, OBC, and manufacturer product literature.
- Operating knowledge of Forte design software.
- Operating knowledge of Softplan or equivalent CADD software.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills. The ability to communicate within a group and contribute to a team environment. Open mind, a creative approach, and the ability to accept constructive feedback. Ability to work additional hours as needed.
- If you have a background in residential design and a strong understanding of building codes we would love to hear from you!
Email your resume to email@example.com to apply.