Director of Marketing
Title: Director of Marketing
Employment: 18 month contract (maternity leave coverage)
TalentHunt Inc is a North America premier talent management and recruitment solutions provider with delivery centers from coast to coast to coast. We help candidates figure out the next challenge that fits their professional and personal growth plans and match them with exciting and very rewarding opportunities with leading companies across the globe.
Our client is one of the leading manufacturers and distributors for building, decorating and weatherproofing products. They have been around for more than 100 years and have manufacturing facilities all across North America. They are in an expansion mode and are looking to add a Director of Marketing to their team.
Why do you want to join?
- Lead the marketing department and make a strong impact
- A fast growing company that is solving difficult problems in a very niche market
- Potential to grow within all departments of company and progress to executive leadership
What will you do?
- Lead and manage the Marketing team which consists of 6 direct reports and collaborate closely with the Merchandising/Category management team.
- Oversee, support, and follow-through on strategic direction for all functions within Product Development, Product Marketing, Digital Marketing, Digital Analytics, Events, Trade Shows, Technical Communications, Content & P.R.
- Review and approve all marketing campaigns, communications, creative, sampling, packaging, etc. prior to publishing/launching.
- Budgeting: track, monitor and approve all marketing expenses relative to the marketing budget allowance.
- Ensure marketing strategic plans are on track for execution by team members and keep team members engaged and informed of timelines.
- Work closely with senior sales team members for assistance in implementation of new marketing plan. (i.e., key target accounts for ABM, distribution network penetration analysis to determine areas of focus for digital marketing campaigns, etc.
- Work with all departments cross functionally to support Product Development process (Engineering, Manufacturing, Procurement, Technical, Sales, Merchandising, etc.)
- Analyze data and make confident key decisions which affect the business and categories
- Strong public speaking required to present new ideas and aid with product knowledge training programs, customer presentations, etc.
- Work closely with Marketing team in the U.S. which helps support category-specific initiatives for Canadian business.
Who are you?
- Proven experience leading a marketing team with a track record of achieving growth goals
- 10+ years of people and project management experience and 5+ years’ experience within the building products industry is preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing business, supply chain, sourcing, and inventory management and understanding of digital marketing strategies and execution
- Knowledge of ERP systems such as Oracle, EPICOR or similar (an asset) and Microsoft Office Suite
- Displays excellent communication and presentation skills
- Sound analytical thinking and decision-making ability
- Demonstrates excellent creativity and innovation skills
- Sense of urgency and the ability to prompt action where
- required and keep team members focused on their tasks
- Strong ability to multi-task and ensure projects are executed by team members from start to finish
Email your resume to email@example.com to apply.