As part of our growth strategy, we are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team as an Account Manager in the GTA. One of our core values is how we ‘WoW customers’ – it’s a mindset, philosophy, a call to action. This plays a critical role. The account manager should become our customer’s best partner. This position is responsible for understanding and developing an assigned territory to grow revenue, profitability and ensure new products are introduced. They will demonstrate and provide value added solutions with existing customers and introduce us to new ones. They will actively call on kitchen manufacturers, showrooms, millworkers, cabinet shops, closet and organization companies, builders and contractors as part of an active customer base to ensure success.
Who we are:
We are a global market leader in providing hardware solutions and innovation to the furniture, kitchen cabinet, architectural millwork and hospitality industries. We are a privately held company with a long and rich history that began in 1923. We have over 8,000 employees worldwide and in Canada, we are looking to grow our team. Come join a company where you will be encouraged to succeed, challenged to adapt and motivated to grow. Come join the ‘A’ team!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of core products and applications via successful completion of an initial required product training program along with an ongoing requirement of continued learning agility
- Create and execute a territory sales plan that meets or exceeds established sales targets and expands our market share
- Meet regularly with existing customers and prospects in sales territory to understand their evolving business needs and position product solutions to meet surfaced needs
- Build long-term, productive, and mutually beneficial relationships with existing and new customers.
- Maintain consistent communication and timely follow-up with customers and prospects and be available and responsive to customer’s real-time needs
- Work effectively with internal support departments (Marketing, Inside Sales, Finance) to enrich customer experience
- Attend conferences and professional association meetings and promote new product solutions and brand as required
- Complete weekly sales activity reports and presentations in a timely manner
- Represent the brand with the highest level of professionalism at all times aligned with our core values
- 2-4 years of successful outside sales experience
- Completed education at the university or college level (ideally business related) or equivalent experience
- Experience selling building products, furniture and /or architectural hardware is an asset
- Possessing a mechanical and / or technical aptitude
- A sustained level of sales achievement selling a range of products
- Ability to effectively utilize CRM to maintain and develop assigned territory
- Demonstrated effectiveness in new business development and lead qualification
- Ability to travel extensively within the assigned territory – ideally be domiciled within it
- Ability to take initiative, strong work ethic, and behave with a sense of urgency
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Experience using a computer and Microsoft programs
- Demonstrates impeccable sales acumen with passion and drive for success
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent presentation skills (development and delivery)
- Effective team player with ability to build and maintain positive relationships
- Excellent planning, investigative, analytical and reporting skills
- Experience inputting and retrieving data to develop and/or nurture leads
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to work for a growing company where you are surrounded by a collaborative team.
- A rewarding career where we all share in the success of the company.
- You can expect to be supported by leadership through open communication, encouragement and recognition.
- You will receive encouragement to continue professional growth through training, seminars, etc.